With four young children, we wanted to find a way to tour the Vatican and still keep them engaged. We booked through Rome Treasures and it was the perfect way to see the Museums and the Church! Our tour guide was amazing. He was extremely knowledgeable and gave us some wonderful insight. For the kids he did a scavenger hunt style tour which was perfect. They even got a prize at the end. It was really the best value for our money as well. I highly recommend booking a tour through Rome Treasures.
St. Peter's Basilica Treasure Hunt for Kids and Families
Price can vary on season
No-lines policy: you will not stand in the entrance lines!
Easy to customize: the treasure hunt will be tailored on your needs and wishes
Price: from 33 euro
Meeting point: provided upon booking
Availability: everyday, except Wednesday, Sunday and special Catholic Events
Discover a new, original way to visit St. Peter's Basilica thanks to our family-friendly treasure hunt.
You and your family will compete in games and activities created by your local guide and “hunt master”, to interests all the participants .
Learn about the highlights of St. Peters Square, such as the 2000 years old Egyptian obelisk and the artworks by Bernini. Then head inside St. Peter's Basilica and feel its magical atmosphere.
Admire the richly decorated walls and ceilings, the beautiful statues and the masterpieces of worlds famous artists, including the “Canopy” by Bernini and the “Pietà” by Michelangelo. You will also explore the underground of the Basilica and visit the Tombs of the Popes, where popes, saints and other important people are buried.
On this kid-friendly treasure hunt your “hunt master” will create quizzes, trivia, and riddles that will keep everyone involved.
Your children will learn and have fun while looking for hints and clues, playing with interactive tools, maps and listening to the commentaries, the stories and the legends told by the guide.
This will be a unique way to spend quality time with your family and strengthen your relations with your children!
- A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required in order to reserve this tour. This does not guarantee availability, especially during high season.
- Hunt length is approximately 2 hours.
- This hunt is not available on Sundays, Wednesday mornings, major holidays, or on other dates as announced to us according to the Vatican’s calendar.
- On occasion, special events at the Basilica of St. Peter’s may prevent us touring inside the church during the tour. When this happens (often with little notice to us to allow rescheduling), we will spend the remaining time touring more of the Vatican museums.
- This tour will continue as scheduled in rainy weather. Bring appropriate raingear if rain is advised.
- Appropriate dress is required. Shorts and skirts must cover the knees. Shoulders must be covered.
- Do not bring long umbrellas or large backpacks. Small purses, camera bags, and bottled water are okay.
- The hunt master can meet you in your hotel in Rome if it is located in the city center.
- Transportation from your hotel is not included. Please inquire for the fee of our service if you would like to hire our private driver.
- This hunt is recommended for children of all ages. Kids below 18 must be accompanied by adults.
My family of six (kids 17 - 22 years old), plus my wife's sister and her husband, were keen to see the Vatican but our time was limited. Our tour with Tommaso was outstanding. He made the visit thorough, enjoyable and entertaining. His knowledge was impressive and he made sure we saw and understood many of the remarkable treasures on view. We had great fun and it is our pleasure to highly recommend Tommaso and the Rome Treasure Hunt to all travellers to Rome :-)